What is the MetaTrader 4 Demo Account?
An MT4 demo account is similar to a virtual flight simulator that trains pilots before flying. Pilots use the simulator to hone their skills due to the risks involved in flying. Likewise, a demo account allows you to practise and hone your trading skills before risking your money in the markets.
You can test your trading strategies, including Expert Advisors (EA), and familiarise yourself with the trading platform without risking your money.
Simply put, a MetaTrader 4 demo account simulates live trading conditions on the MT4 platform but with no real money at stake.
The risk-free demo account comes complete with many features in the MT4 live account; there’s a library of indicators (mathematical tools to analyse the price). You’ll be trading in a live environment despite the funds being virtual.
MT4 demo accounts are free to open, and you can start practising with zero-risk trades immediately within a live trading environment.
The best part? You don’t have to deposit funds into the MT4 Demo account; you use up to $50,000 of virtual funds the broker provides to experiment.
An MT4 demo account is an excellent place to:
- Learn how to use the platform
- Learn the basics of trading
- Test new strategies
It suits new and experienced traders for these reasons, which is why it’s the most popular trading platform on the planet.
Features of an MT4 Demo Account
- Access $50,000 of virtual funds to experiment and get comfortable with the platform and the markets.
- MT4 demo is available on desktop, tablet or mobile as well as Windows, iOS and Android devices.
- Trade in a live environment that has live market prices.
- Experiment with automatic trading strategies (Expert Advisors).
- Use free MT4 indicators, tools and add-ons like in a live account.
- Get familiar with technical analysis before you open a live trading account.
Why Open An MT4 Demo Account With ATFX?
Opening an MT4 demo account with ATFX gives you the best of both worlds. You’ll be trading with an online forex broker who’s won more than 35 awards over the past three years, and you’ll gain access to the most popular and successful trading platform the trading community has ever seen.
You can use your Metatrader 4 demo account until you’re confident that you’re familiar with us and MT4. We only provide this one platform for our clients to trade on for a reason; it’s simply the best.
MT4 is suitable for novice traders who are beginning their trading journey. However, it’s also widely used by experts because of its flexibility, precision, ultra-fast speeds and cutting-edge features.
So as you evolve as a trader and eventually move from the demo account, you can be confident that the skills you develop will carry forward to every trade you make.
What Is The Difference Between an MT4 Demo Account and an MT4 Live Account?
- Trades on an MT4 demo are not actual. No money is at risk, and you’re trading with virtual funds.
- Demo trades aren’t affected by dividend schedules, but rollover charges (swaps) will be the same as on a live account.
- Slippage caused by out-of-hours or volatile price movements isn’t applied to demo accounts.
- Leverage restrictions will be the same as on a live account.
- Trades won’t get refused due to size (leverage) or price. But if you have insufficient funds, trades will be rejected, just like when trading on a live account.
- Chart packages on the MT4 demo account are free.
- Trades will be closed on a demo account if your virtual funds don’t cover the required margin level.
MT4 Demo accounts are the best way to test the platform before you start using real money. It’s a gamified version of real-world trading, and you have nothing to lose. Literally.
Millions of traders in the MT4 community use this platform daily.
Experience the ATFX difference. We’re a forex and CFD broker that puts service at the heart of our customer-driven proposition.